9 Homemade Face Packs For Combination Skin
Does your face feel oily and dry at the same time? You have combination skin, which can be tricky to manage as not all ingredients work on it – some can be too drying while some will make it oilier. But worry not, Dr. Anju Methil, a dermatologist and cosmetologist, shares face packs and scrubs that work on this skin type. According to Dr. Anju, ‘Combination skin is one that is oily and dry. Usually the T-zone that is the forehead and nose are oily while the cheeks are either dry or normal.’
NoteStreams are readable online but they’re even better in the free App!
The NoteStream™ app is for learning about things that interest you: from music to history, to classic literature or cocktails. NoteStreams are truly easy to read on your smartphone—so you can learn more about the world around you and start a fresh conversation.
For a list of all authors on NoteStream, click here.
Read the NoteStream below, or download the app and read it on the go!
Beauty at Home
Does your face feel oily and dry at the same time?
You have combination skin, which can be tricky to manage as not all ingredients work on it – some can be too drying while some will make it oilier. But worry not, Dr. Anju Methil, a dermatologist and cosmetologist, shares face packs and scrubs that work on this skin type. According to Dr. Anju, ‘Combination skin is one that is oily and dry. Usually the T-zone that is the forehead and nose are oily while the cheeks are either dry or normal.’
9 Homemade Facemasks to Manage Combination Skin
Dr. Anju suggests using these face packs to manage this skin type.
Honey + Lemon Juice
While honey acts as a moisturizer, lemon juice is a lightening agent. This makes it perfect for combination skin.
• Simply mix the two and apply the pack on your skin for 15 minutes.
• Wash off and pat dry your face. Did you know these other benefits of honey and lemon?
Papaya/Banana Mash + Lemon Juice
If your skin gets too dry in parts, make sure you add a rich moisturizing agent such as banana or papaya to make your skin supple.
The lemon juice will not only lighten your suntan, but also keep the oiliness at bay.
• Mash a few chunks of the fruit in a bowl.
• Squeeze half a lemon in it and mix the two.
• Apply on the skin and leave it to dry.
• Wash off with plain water.
Milk + Honey + Lemon Juice + Almond Oil
Milk has lactic acid that acts as a skin lightening agent while honey helps moisturize the skin.
Adding lemon juice works on keeping the T-zone oil-free and the almond oil works on the cheeks.
• Mix one tablespoon of milk with honey and apply it on the face.
• Now apply lemon juice on the T-zone and almond oil on the cheeks.
• Leave this on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with water.
Dried Orange Peel + Curd
Give your skin a dose of vitamin C naturally with orange. The addition of curd in this pack will help tighten your skin and intensely moisturize it too. Also try these other curd packs.
• Dry orange peel and then grind it.
• Now add curd to make it a thick paste.
• Apply and wash off after 20 minutes with lukewarm water.
Cucumber Juice + Honey
If your skin is a combination of normal and oily, this pack will work wonders for you.
Honey will tighten and moisturize your skin and cucumber juice will take care of the tan.
• Grate cucumber and squeeze out its juice.
• Now add honey to it and mix well.
• Apply it on your face and leave it to dry then wash your face.
Banana Mash + Egg White
Keep your skin hydrated the natural way with this pack. Egg white will tighten the skin and banana will add the needed moisture.
Did you know eggs work wonders for your hair too?
• Mash the banana and add egg white to it to make a paste.
• Apply this especially on the areas that are dry.
• On the T-zone apply a light layer.
• Wash off after 10 minutes.
Milk Powder + Curd + Cucumber Juice
This pack is perfect for summers as it helps cool the skin without leaving it feeling too dry or too oily.
It is a one-stop solution to tighten and brighten the skin.
• Mix milk powder with curd and cucumber juice.
• Apply the pack on your skin and let it dry.
• Then wash off with cold water.
Curd + Rosewater + Honey
Another hydrating face pack, the curd and rosewater soothe the skin and honey keeps the moisture intact. Adding rosewater will also tone the skin and close the pores.
• Mix curd and honey to make a paste.
• Add a few drops of rosewater to it and apply on your face.
• Wash it off after a few minutes.
Oats + Curd
It is important to use a scrub every few days to get rid of dead skin cells.
Use oats to scrape this layer off your skin and curd for its moisturizing action. Use this scrub once every 10 to 15 days if your skin is normal and oily.
• Mix oats and curd to get a grainy paste.
• Apply it on the T-zone and other parts of the face but avoid applying too much on the cheeks.
• Massage gently and then wash off with plain water.
• Use these face packs once a week and get radiant skin naturally.